-
February 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
#1
Inactive Member
O.K.
MOlly got her today and I immediately stripped her to check her out. She is definately pre-Mattell. Soft feet and very chubby body. Her skirt barely fits around her. Also, soft brown lashes and no body tag. Her hair is fried. Very frizzy and has been cut in a few places. Also the face paint has faded. Her lips are almost nonexistant.
So....What to do??? Send her to the hospital for a new head?? Re-wig and just live with the pasty lips?? What do you all think??
If I do decide to re-wig, What kind of wig is right for Molly.
Just noticed that her panties are tagged made in China for Pleasant Company 1993.
Thanks in advance for your ideas!!
Lara
-
February 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM
#2
DollDetective
Guest
I say have her hair rewigged or if it's not that badly cut, steam it so it sits nice and straight again. PM dolls are special, she has history! [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck and post a pic if you can of her.
Congrats on the doll!
-
February 1st, 2006, 08:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hmm I was just wondering the same thing. I have a Kirsten whose hair has definately seen better days and she has NO face colour at all. If I send her for a new head that totally defeats the $55 I paid for her. BUT I am not sure that I bond with her the way she is...........
Is it hard to re-wig? How do you get the wig off? Where is the best place to buy from?
-
February 1st, 2006, 08:50 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Engel Puppen has wigs that are almost a dead ringer for PM AG wigs. They are $20 + $20 shipping - they come right from Germany.
-
February 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I would try fixing her coloring with the make-up tips on the website sticky. Angie (Gillygals) has done a tremendous job with dolls. Anne (Kitschywoman) posted some really good links and tips on the 1st post of the website sticky for fixing facial color. If you don't like the way it turns out, you can then always go for the head replacement.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks